Sunday, July 31, 2005

Captain Donovan... soon...




July 29/30/31, 2005: Not content to wait for the (very) occasional call from Tim Parker (my former FCB Sydney MD, and new football supremo in his role as Sydney FC head) to help him sail his yacht in Sydney, I have decided it is time to follow my family naval blood (Grandad, Papa, Uncle Bill) and get a better understanding of how to sail a boat... So, Manhattan Sailing School gained a new Aussie student... Thierry - a frenchman who grew up in Germany - was our instructur and by far the best at the school - not only for his knowledge but his laidback 'have fun' attitude... we were one of the only groups to enjoy learning to sail.... felt sorry for the others... The good news is that after a 100% on my theory / vocab / rules exam, and passing my practical (on the J-24) with such manouvres as rescuing 'Marcello' the lifevest that got tossed overboard in place of a real human, I am on my way... Cheers to Thierry, Stacey, Maggie & Anna... I can see in my future a Regatta in the Carribean coming up this Winter... or a trip to a beach where I can hire a hoby cat and fly around a bit... but my goal is to be able to skipper a 45' Beneteau on Sydney Harbour... 2006 is the target... look out skippers and remember that Prisoners Of War have no rights...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home