Monday, December 05, 2005

Advance Australia Fair





Nov 18-19, 2005: There’s this group called Advance, that is about advancing global Australian professionals in the US… Friday night at Cipriani Wall St, my friend Adrienne & I hit the annual Advance Benefit Dinner… over 600 Aussies (and honorary Aussies), sang the national anthem (and laughed during the verse that nobody knows), ate & drank a lot, and rocked out to INXS complete with new front man JD (fresh from their reality show… well not that fresh… pretty smashed it seemed)… even bumped into Shelley (who now works in DDB San Francisco & I last saw when we were on the Youngbloods Committee), and Mel (who I met 10 years ago at a house party in Coogee & is now a big marketing player at Pepsi here in the US)… The next day, nursing a monumental hangover, I participated in the Advance Leadership Summit, complete with the Australian Charge D’Affaires from Washington, a bunch of uber successful Aussies living in the US, and drinks at the Ambassadors NY residence near the UN… we talked about a role for me on their Board… we’ll see…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home