Saturday, September 10, 2005

US Open: Mens Semi's, Women's Final




Sept 10, 2005: I would like to say tennis was the winner on the day... But the real winner was us looking down on Nicole Kidman's head in the VIP area... or sitting closer to the court than that guy from the Apprentice - guess reality bites for him... Back on Arthur Ashe we saw Agassi beat Ginepri (ok that was some good tennis)... then the crowd failed to return for the world no.1 & no.3 (Federer & Lleyton) until the start of the second set... I read in the SMH that Lleyton said he "played some of his best tennis"... I would've stacked Adam & Sam up against him that day... he looked like a kid playing Federer - who wasn't playing at his best either, but had way too much firepower for Hewy... the the battle of the munters followed ie apparently there was a women's final Pierce v Clijsters... I must've blinked or something & missed it... "Equal pay for equal work" - yeah play five sets and talk to me... but we had fun (my co-commentator Mariana above) - and that's what matters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home